Top Attractions for First-Time Visitors
No trip to Anaheim is complete without a visit to a famous theme park!
- Disneyland Park – Walk down Main Street, ride Space Mountain in Tomorrowland and enjoy nightly fireworks over Sleeping Beauty Castle. Don’t miss classics like It’s a Small World and the Jungle Cruise. Stay until evening when the park comes alive with colorfully lit rides and attractions.
- Disney California Adventure – Soar over stunning landscapes on Soarin’ Around the World, plunge down the whitewater rapids of Grizzly River Run and meet all your favorite Disney and Pixar characters. Check the entertainment schedule for the amazing nighttime World of Color show which combines fountains, projections, lights and music.
- Knott’s Berry Farm – Scream your way through rollercoasters like HangTime with its extended beyond-vertical drop and Xcelerator which launches riders from 0 to 82 mph in under 2.3 seconds at this Old West-themed amusement park. The Boardwalk area offers gentler rides for younger kids like the lines of Links cars that bump and wind their way through comic scenes.
Catch an exciting game during your stay!
- Angel Stadium – Cheer for stars Mike Trout, Shohei Ohtani, and the rest of the Los Angeles Angels during baseball season at this iconic ballpark. Fans can tour the stadium on non-game days to explore spots like the dugouts and press box.
- Honda Center – Watch the NHL’s Anaheim Ducks hockey team battle opponents on the ice. The arena also hosts concerts by major artists on a regular basis.
- Rancho Sports Complex – Six softball fields with covered dugouts host youth and adult softball tournaments on weekends. Grab a spot in the metal bleachers and enjoy an afternoon game at this community park.
Nature and Parks
Enjoy Anaheim’s beautiful outdoor spaces and scenery.
- Bixby Park – Kids will love the nautical-themed playground housed in a wooden replica of a shipwreck at this park between the ocean and First Street’s trendy restaurants. There are swings, rock walls, rope climbs and slides.
- Oak Canyon Nature Center – Explore the butterfly garden, nature trails and Little Sycamore Creek on this oasis over 50 acres in size. Look for cute cottontail rabbits, lizards, hawks, herons and other wildlife native to the area.
- Mother’s Beach – Soak up the warm Southern California sun, breathe in the ocean air and relax on the sand at one of Orange County’s few public beaches. There are restroom facilities, picnic tables and grills for enjoying lunch.
Step back in time to Anaheim’s early days during your visit.
- MUZEO Museum and Cultural Center – Examine photos by famous American photographer Ansel Adams showcasing 1940s life and landscapes of California’s Sierra mountains. Learn about Anaheim history from its founding in 1857 by German immigrants at this Smithsonian Affiliate.
- Pearson Park – The Anaheim Historical Society operates out of a restored 1919 farmhouse at this public park shaded by mature pine trees. Check out other historic relocated buildings and exhibits.
- Woelke-Stoffel House – Tour the oldest home in Anaheim still standing in its original location, built in 1894 in the ornate Eastlake Victorian style. See furnishings and decor from the late Victorian period that add to the historic ambiance.
Keep the entire family entertained with these lively activities.
- Adventure City – Little ones love the kid-sized rides like helicopters and fire engines, magic shows, arcade games and Thomas Town here. It’s an ideal spot for families with preschool and elementary-aged children.
- Anaheim Ice – Try your hand at ice skating yourself or bring a jacket to watch youth and adult hockey games at this NHL regulation rink. Stick around for open skating sessions.
- Anaheim Splash! – Make a splash speeding down five-story water slides, relax floating around the lazy river, or wade at the beach entry tot pool at this family water park. Older kids love the enclosed slides.
Discover something entirely new and different in Anaheim.
- Flightdeck Flight Simulator – Feel like a fighter pilot when you take the controls during a 30-minute simulated flight over Southern California’s coastline, Catalina Island, and other scenic spots. Novice and advanced options available.
- Anaheim Packing District – Wander through this gourmet indoor/outdoor food hall housed in a former Sunkist citrus packing house. Graze on global cuisine from eateries, sip local craft beer and shop at boutiques.
- Center Street Anaheim – Stroll or stop for a bite along this pedestrian-only street in downtown Anaheim. Check out the restored historic buildings now housing shops and restaurants with outdoor seating.
How to Get Around Anaheim?
Anaheim Resort Transit (ART) operates a network of shuttle routes focused on connecting hotels, theme parks, convention center, sports stadiums and other major attractions. Single rides start at $3-$5 and day passes are available. Regular OCTA buses and Metrolink commuter trains also service Anaheim.
Taxis and Rideshares
Taxis can often be found lined up outside resorts, sports stadiums, convention center and popular tourist spots. Uber and Lyft rides can also be summoned on demand via their smartphone apps. Fares vary based on factors like traffic and demand but expect to pay around $25+ between most landmarks.
For the most comfortable and hassle-free transportation for your group, Party Bus Anaheim offers charter bus rentals perfectly suited for any group size. Our modern buses have great amenities like free WiFi, TVs and onboard restrooms. Call (323) 380-0583 for trip planning assistance and free, no-obligation quotes.
Ready to Get Started?
First-time visitors to Anaheim are often amazed by how much this iconic SoCal city has to offer beyond the legendary Disneyland Resort. In addition to famous theme parks, sports, scenic nature and rich history, there is wonderful family fun, unique activities, dining and nightlife. With some advance trip planning, you’re sure to have an incredible visit. Contact Party Bus Anaheim at (323) 380-0583 to arrange stylish, comfortable group transportation for your upcoming Anaheim vacation or getaway!